LAST UPDATED: 2nd April 2019
- How we safeguard your data from security breaches, data loss and corruption is not covered in our privacy terms and conditions. Please refer to our data security white paper for an explanation.
- All data you store on our service, or backup to our service is owned by you and we will never claim ownership to it.
- We will never read your data or try to decrypt it.
- Your data will be purged when you delete it or an associated service.
- We manage all data in compliance with the laws of the countries we operate in. We provide secure systems for our customers to store their customer’s data on.
How we collect and store personal data
- We capture information in numerous ways when you contact us. This can be through social media, email, helpdesk, telephone and exhibitions.
- We consider personal data to be anything which can identify an individual. This includes names, email addresses, postal addresses, IP addresses, social media posts, and any other information relating to an individual.
- We do not imply you have provided permission for us to send you further marketing emails simply by filling in a form, nor do we pre-tick the consent box. You must explicitly tick a consent box to receive further emails before you are added to future marketing communications.
- We will only keep your personal data for as long as it is legitimately required.
How we use your personal data
- We will not pass on your personal data to anyone outside of our organisation.
- We will not use your personal data to market our services to you unless you have explicitly requested this.
- You can opt out at any time or request which information we hold on you.
- If you have explicitly notified us you want to receive further emails from us, we will use that email address to advise you of our services.
- Some services are reliant on us being able to contact you via email for compliance reasons and security announcements.
- We might terminate some services if we cannot contact you to make you aware of the actions you need to take. When such an occasion arises, we will notify you of this.
- We will never market our services to you on a system communication.
Your rights regarding your personal data
- To be removed from our mailing lists. Whenever you receive a marketing email from us, you will have the option to unsubscribe.
- To request your personal data is removed.
- You can contact us to find out what personal information we hold on you or ask for it to be corrected.
- We will inform you when we make a change to how we use your personal data.
- You can make a complaint by contacting us here – https://control.bobcloud.net/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=2
What you should be doing
- We operate multiple online backup, CRM and management portals where our customers can store their own personal details as well as those of their customers. If you have stored personal data on our systems, you must ensure it is stored and used in accordance with the GDPR. The Information Commissioner’s office covers GDPR in depth https://ico.org.uk/
- These details will comprise of the more obvious and directly entered data such as name, address, email address, social media names, telephone number, and company name. Indirect data might be a public IP address.
- You are the owner of any data you store with us or enter into our systems. You must review your data privacy and security policies to ensure you are compliant with the laws of the countries you operate in.
- Any data you store with us must be secured with a valid encryption password. Any devices which can read or restore such data must be secured to prevent unauthorised access.
- You must ensure your encryption passwords are securely stored, and access to all devices with our software installed on is controlled to prevent any unauthorised access.
GDPR specific notes
- BOBcloud.net \ SCDC Ltd processes personal data as a Data Controller within the definition of the GDPR legislation.
- We are registered with the ICO https://ico.org.uk
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer, or another device when you access the internet.
Why are cookies essential to bobcloud.net?
- Cookies allow visitors to our website to navigate around our site and for us to tailor content applicable to our visitors.
- Cookies allow visitors to return to our site and for their browser to remember actions performed on previous visits. Cookies don’t collect your personal information.
- The length of time a cookie stays on your device depends on its type. We use two types of cookies on our websites.
- Session cookies are temporary cookies which only exist during the time you use our website whilst your visit is active.
- Persistent cookies stay on your device after you’ve visited our website. e.g. if you tick ‘Remember me’ when you log onto a secure form.
- We use web analytics services to track how visitors reach our site and their activity.
- Our Affiliate service will generate a cookie on your device which will last for 90 days. This will report to us and the referring Affiliate which pages you have visited on our site.
The analytics services we use are
- Google analytics, these analyse your activity. Find out more about how these cookies are used on the Google privacy site.
- Clicky analytics, these analyse your activity.
How to control and delete cookies
- If you want to restrict or block the cookies we set, you can do this through your browser settings. The ‘help’ function within your browser should tell you how.
- If you are using a ‘smart’ device, please consult the manual.
- If you want to report any abuse, please do so via this form https://control.bobcloud.net/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=2