How To Backup iPhone To Synology NAS
How to back up your iPhone to Synology NAS. If you have an iPhone with sensitive data, you might want to back up your data on Synology NAS to keep your data secured in case of mobile failure.
Synology NAS (Network Attached Storage) is a service the company offers for backing up your data. In essence, network-attached storage can provide a centralised location for a server to store data. Hence it can be accessed through a network instead of a computer.
If you want to back up your iPhone to Synology NAS, read the article below to know what you must do!
How to Backup iPhone to Synology NAS – Preparing Synology on Your PC
Before you proceed with backing up data on your iPhone, you will have to prepare Synology NAS on your pc. To do so, simply follow the steps below:
- Open a Windows Explorer Window
- Go to Computer, locate Network on the right side and right-click, and click on Map network drive.
- Once you are on the Map network drive window, choose a drive letter and enter the name of the Synology NAS server you have. Note: Make sure to enter the name with backslashes before and after the server name.
- Enter the DSM username and password, and select OK after you have entered the info.
Now the connection to your Synology NAS local server will be established on your Desktop PC. You may try the following ways below to backup iPhone data to Synology NAS:
How to Backup iPhone to Synology NAS – Using DS File
If you are ready to backup iPhone to Synology NAS, then carefully follow the steps below:
- Download the DS file on the App Store on iPhone
- Open the app, and enter your QuickConnect ID along with your password.
- Tap on the three horizontal bars located on the right.
- Tap on Photo Backup and choose the destination folder of your choice on your Synology
- Configure your backup source and other options of your choice.
Wait for the process to complete. Once done, you can successfully access your backup data on your mapped network folder on your desktop PC.
In many cases, you may have to use a Wi-Fi network for the process of data backup to be completed, however.
#2 How to Backup iPhone to Synology NAS – Using Synology Photos
If you cannot use the first method for some reason, try out this method using the new Synology Photos app. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Apple App Store and download the Synology Photos app.
- Open the app; you may sign by either using the QuickConnect ID or by the local address of your mapped network.
- Once you are on the main screen, tap on Enable Photo Backup
- In the configuration menu, set the backup destination folder, and select whether you want to Back up new photos only or Back up all photos.
- Grant the app permission to access your photos on your iPhone.
You may also enable the Sleep Time Backup option to make your backup uploads quicker. This app also has the option of whether you want to backup your iPhone to Synology via Mobile Data or Wi-Fi, which you may choose according to your desire.
With this, you should know how to back up your iPhone to Synology NAS. If you can’t afford to back up data on your iPhone to iCloud, then this article might just be what you are looking for!