How Many Backups Does iCloud Keep On Your iPhone
How many backups does iCloud keep on your iPhone? This is a question that may come up in the minds of many iPhone users who are looking to either try and make a backup of their data on iCloud to try and increase the storage space of their iPhone, or simply try to create as many backups as possible to ensure their data remains secure.
Regardless, knowing the backup capacity of iCloud can be a good idea if you work for a company with sensitive data on your iPhone. Keep reading below to know how many backups you can have on iCloud.
How Many Backups Does iCloud Keep On Your iPhone? A Simply Overview
Only One. Unfortunately, Apple only allows users to keep one iCloud backup per Apple ID. Whenever a backup is performed on any iOS device, the old backup will merge with the new one. However, there have been cases of multiple backups at a time.
If you want to check how many backups does iCloud keep on your iPhone, you may do the following steps below:
- Open the Settings App and tap on your Apple ID
- Select iCloud and tap on Manage Storage.
- Under the Backups section, you will see your backup. Tap on it to see the entire content of the backup.
How many backups does iCloud keep on your iPhone? In general, it’s not much, as you can only have one backup in most cases.
Does iCloud Keep Backups Forever?
While iCloud can store data for a long time, if you turn off iCloud from your device and keep it off for 180 days, iCloud backups will be irretrievably deleted. Therefore, iCloud backups aren’t permanent and can need regular maintenance.
Will I Lose My Photos If I Delete iCloud Backup?
The answer is a firm NO. iCloud keeps the backup of your iPhone data separately on the cloud, and whatever data you delete on your iCloud will not affect the data on your iPhone device. This can also be said for your iPhone, as deleting data from it will not affect your iCloud backup and vice-versa.
How many backups does iCloud keep on your iPhone? As you can have only one backup in most cases, data storage might be troublesome.
However, there are several ways you can buy storage for your iPhone device, such as by upgrading to iCloud+, keeping your backup on Google Drive, DropBox or similar etc
- How to Backup Microsoft 365 Exchange email, SharePoint and OneDrive in 2023
- 4 Easy Ways To Recover Unsaved Or Deleted Word Documents in 2023
- How to backup WhatsApp data to Google Drive in 2023: 9 Simple Steps
- 5 Ways to Fix WhatsApp Backup Stuck Issue in 2023
- What is a Secondary Storage? Types, Purposes, and Examples